Tortoiseshell pattern celluloid sheets for cutting custom inlays and heelplates. This is genuine, traditional celluloid material. The tortoise pattern is slightly see through, giving a lovely warm glow when the light hits it. Each sheet is ample for cutting a couple of sets of block or crown type inlays. Celluloid is easier to cut than natural shell materials while still giving a stunning and striking visual effect.
- Easier to cut than shell materials
- Range of incredible patterns
- Traditionally used for guitar fret markers
- Whole 8 x 4" sheet for creating custom inlay designs
- Pattern runs right through the material
Posted by Paul Lavin on 4th Sep 2017
Got it for the rear pot and switch covers on my LP. Both can be cut from this sheet. It really could use a plain white backing to really show off the tortoise shell, though. Good thing I got some W/B/W material, too, for another project.