Custom Bass Waterslide Headstock Decal Transfer (70s Style)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 2 and get 20% off
- Buy 3 - 5 and get 35% off
- Buy 6 - 9 and get 50% off
- Buy 10 - 19 and get 60% off
- Buy 20 - 99 and get 65% off
- Buy 100 or above and get 70% off
Ours are the highest quality waterslide decals printed in opaque and truly metallic inks on clear water slide material. The images above show our decals applied to wood and lacquered over - no visible edge, no cloudy backing!
They are compatible with most spray lacquers including acrylic and nitrocellulose. The layout and fonts are as shown in the image(s) above - you can choose the colours and the text that you would like. This design fits most large 4-in-line bass headstocks.
To order please fill out the options above before clicking "Add to Basket".
The artwork image is labelled with the Part Numbers, i.e. Part 1, Part 2 etc. Generally speaking:
- Part 1 is the main, largest part of the logo which represents the 'manufacturer's name'. (maximum 9 letters)
- Part 2 is the 'model name' part of the design. (maximum 15 letters)
- Part 3 is the subtext underneath Part 1.
Using the example pictured above you would choose and type the following options:
- Colour: C: Black Fill + Gold Outline + Black Text
- Part 1: Rothko
- Part 2: CUSTOM BASS
- Part 3: PRECISION MADE IN UK
- Coating: No Coating
Please type all text in the case you want it printed, i.e. if you want it in upper case type it in upper case. We will print the words exactly as you type them.
Waterslide decals cannot be applied to oiled surfaces. Full application and finishing instructions are included with each order which we strongly advise you follow closely irrespective of previous decal experience.
Our high quality guitar headstock decals are printed on to fresh, exceptionally thin waterslip paper which gives an incredible finish but some people find more delicate that other waterslide decals they have used in the past. We include an off-cut of material for you to practice with before applying the actual decal so that you can get an idea of how the material behaves. Please note that as these are custom made-to-order items they are exempt from UK Distance Selling Regulations; these decals cannot be returned unless they are proven to be defective or if the design is not as requested. In this situation a replacement will be offered.
- Our decals are precision made restoration quality decals printed onto the finest quality fresh waterslide paper.
- We use completely opaque and permanent inks, including truly metallic gold and silver, so unlike decals printed on inkjet or laser printers the colour of our decals is not affected by the colour of the surface underneath - our decals can be used on ANY colour headstock.
- The paper is ultra thin (allowing for a superior edgeless finish - like the originals), the unprinted areas remain totally transparent, and it is compatible with all spray lacquer types including nitrocellulose.
- Like all waterslide decals ours can only be applied to sealed, non-porous, non-oily surfaces (for example lacquered wood).
- They are designed and produced by us in our studio, printed freshly to order.
- The coatings we use are a liquid form of the decal paper itself. One coat over the top sandwiches the ink. This helps prevent scratches and aids application.
These are CUSTOM decals. Text will be printed in the fonts shown. Your requested design should not contain any trademarks or copyrighted designs unless you are the rights owner or have their express consent to use such marks. By ordering you agree to these terms.
Basic Application Instructions
- Sand your lacquered headstock to 600 grit.
- Cut the decal to a 'smooth pebble' shape - a precise outline is unnecessary.
- Soak for a couple of seconds in water, then apply to headstock.
- Smooth out and dry with tissue paper, then leave overnight to fully adhere.
- Spray over with some clear lacquer.
- Polish the headstock for a professional finish. Our Complete Polishing Kit is ideal for this and contains everything you need for hand polishing lacquers to a high gloss.
Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar headstock decals. Decal supplied by www.CustomLuthierSupply.com 0:12 Unpacking 1:24 Trimming 2:16 Positioning 2:30 Applying 3:20 Smoothing
How To Apply W...Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar ...
Read the instructions
Posted by Peter lee on 6th Jun 2017
Follow the instructions and you can't go wrong, so easy to use and looks great.
Posted by Chuck on 30th Aug 2016
Just what I asked for. Fuckin' stunning!!
Custom ordered bass decal
Posted by P.Holland on 11th Oct 2015
This was my first project requiring a custom decal and after a lot of internet searching I decided to place my order with Rothko and frost. Firstly I found the website very informative and easy to use and was pleased with the whole process, my order arrived promtly and well packaged as were the included instructions. The decal was excellent both in layout and finish and even though this was my first time applying this type of decal I had no problems ending up with a very proffesional finish.
All in all I am very pleased and would highly recommend their sevices.
Posted by Unknown on 11th Aug 2015
Looks really good and is easy to apply! Great service with customization of the order. Hilt recommended!
Makes custom guitars look professional
Posted by David d. on 24th Mar 2015
I'm just returning to custom guitar work after 25 years hiatus. These decals make my custom work look factory professional. It makes a huge difference for the client and makes me proud to show off my work. They take care to go on, but the care and patience are worth it, just like your custom work on the rest of the project. Finish with a flourish with Rothko and Frost custom decals.
Perfect custom decals
Posted by Unknown on 20th Mar 2015
They look absolutely flawless, and are the perfect look to create authentic style, yet custom worded lettering on your project. READ THE INSTRUCTIONS, if you have not used these decals before, be careful. They are thin, necessary for the perfect blend into the project, but it makes them fragile. Handle with care and you will get flawless, remarkable results.
Did exactly what you said in the instructions
Posted by David Phillips on 18th Feb 2015
Looks great on the bass I made recently. Just what I needed to finish it off. The instructions with the decals where precise and accurate. It worked a treat
Fantastic! Gorgeous! Worth every penny.
Posted by M Frost on 7th Oct 2014
Thank you so much. I'll be ordering again soon, I'll be putting my GF's monogram on her soon-to-be strat, and she's gonna flip!