Custom Guitar Waterslide Headstock Decal Transfer (54 Style)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 2 and get 20% off
- Buy 3 - 5 and get 35% off
- Buy 6 - 9 and get 50% off
- Buy 10 - 19 and get 60% off
- Buy 20 - 99 and get 65% off
- Buy 100 or above and get 70% off
Ours are the highest quality waterslide decals printed in opaque and truly metallic inks on clear water slide material. The images above show our decals applied to wood and lacquered over - no visible edge, no cloudy backing!
They are compatible with most spray lacquers including acrylic and nitrocellulose. The layout and fonts are as shown in the image(s) above - you can choose the colours and the text that you would like. This design fits most standard size 6-in-line electric guitar headstocks.
To order please fill out the options above before clicking "Add to Basket".
The artwork image is labelled with the Part Numbers, i.e. Part 1, Part 2 etc. Generally speaking:
- Part 1 is the main, largest part of the logo which represents the 'manufacturer's name'. (maximum 9 characters)
- Part 2 is the 'model name' part of the design. (maximum 15 characters)
- Part 3 is the subtext underneath Parts 1 and 2.
- Part 4 is the small text which sit on the end of the headstock.
Using the example pictured above you would choose and type the following options:
- Colour: A: Gold Fill + Black Outline + Black Text
- Part 1: Rothko
- Part 2: CUSTOM DECAL
- Part 3: WITH OPAQUE METALLIC INKS
- Part 4: ORIGINAL Custom Designs
- Coating: No Coating
Please type all text in the case you want it printed, i.e. if you want it in upper case type it in upper case. We will print the words exactly as you type them.
Waterslide decals cannot be applied to oiled surfaces. Full application and finishing instructions are included with each order which we strongly advise you follow closely irrespective of previous decal experience.
Our high quality guitar headstock decals are printed on to fresh, exceptionally thin waterslip paper which gives an incredible finish but some people find more delicate that other waterslide decals they have used in the past. We include an off-cut of material for you to practice with before applying the actual decal so that you can get an idea of how the material behaves. Please note that as these are custom made-to-order items they are exempt from UK Distance Selling Regulations; these decals cannot be returned unless they are proven to be defective or if the design is not as requested. In this situation a replacement will be offered.
- Our decals are precision made restoration quality decals printed onto the finest quality fresh waterslide paper.
- We use completely opaque and permanent inks, including truly metallic gold and silver, so unlike decals printed on inkjet or laser printers the colour of our decals is not affected by the colour of the surface underneath - our decals can be used on ANY colour headstock.
- The paper is ultra thin (allowing for a superior edgeless finish - like the originals), the unprinted areas remain totally transparent, and it is compatible with all spray lacquer types including nitrocellulose.
- Like all waterslide decals ours can only be applied to sealed, non-porous, non-oily surfaces (for example lacquered wood).
- They are designed and produced by us in our studio, printed freshly to order.
- The coatings we use are a liquid form of the decal paper itself. One coat over the top sandwiches the ink. This helps prevent scratches and aids application.
These are CUSTOM decals. Text will be printed in the fonts shown. Your requested design should not contain any trademarks or copyrighted designs unless you are the rights owner or have their express consent to use such marks. By ordering you agree to these terms.
Basic Application Instructions
- Sand your lacquered headstock to 600 grit.
- Cut the decal to a 'smooth pebble' shape - a precise outline is unnecessary.
- Soak for a couple of seconds in water, then apply to headstock.
- Smooth out and dry with tissue paper, then leave overnight to fully adhere.
- Spray over with some clear lacquer.
- Polish the headstock for a professional finish. Our Complete Polishing Kit is ideal for this and contains everything you need for hand polishing lacquers to a high gloss.
Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar headstock decals. Decal supplied by www.CustomLuthierSupply.com 0:12 Unpacking 1:24 Trimming 2:16 Positioning 2:30 Applying 3:20 Smoothing
How To Apply W...Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar ...
Showing reviews 1-10 of 33 | Next
Posted by Unknown on 7th Nov 2017
Easy to apply and looks great
Adds a real "finishing" touch!!
Posted by JT (aka Johnny Trash) on 12th Oct 2017
Ordered the '54 model customized decal for a "tele" style I'm building for my daughter. Looks excellent!! Also had "Gibson LP" style sets created for two LP style single cuts I'm building. Customized perfectly to retain the look of a traditional Gibson using the name of the people I'm building for. There is really something special about seeing your own name on a personalized custom instrument!! Excellent work at a reasonable price. Received (transatlantic shipping) in days!! Thanks for your customer service and attention Simon!!
Posted by Steve on 25th Sep 2017
The decal I ordered is exactly what I was after for guitars that I mod. The shipping was good and timely. I would for sure buy again and recommend this product to anyone!
Posted by stephen on 19th Sep 2017
I've tried decals from a few different sources and these are head and shoulders above the others. The pricing gets a lot better as you buy multiples but even the single pricing is well worth the benefits of using these over cheaper alternatives. The cheaper decals tend to be really think and unable to blend into lacquer. These blend in beautifully with just a few coats
Great way to personalize your gear
Posted by Russ Noles on 15th Sep 2017
Customer service is second to none. I ordered these and they arrived way faster than expected. I built 2 guitars (fender bolt-on style) and had these decals ordered with my last name in "Fender" font...cause who doesn't like to take a little pride in their work. They look extremely professional and really put the final touch on the guitar.
Posted by Gus Glen on 1st Sep 2017
I wanted a fun decal for a little upgrade/mod project I've been working on. The decal is now, easily, the classiest part of the whole project!
Simply the best quality there is.
Posted by tonym on 2nd Aug 2017
Getting a great replacement decal is always a problem. But as the saying goes you get what you pay for. I have bought a small number of decals, but these are simply perfect and once installed correctly are exceptionally great. I like how I can get custom decals too with exactly what I want on there. Great service too.
Custom decal, 5 star quality
Posted by Erik Kelemen on 22nd Jun 2017
I ordered 2 waterslide custom decals for a guitar I'm building...the site was easy to use to place to order, my order arrived (internationally) in less than a week. The product was beautiful! Directions were easy to follow, and the decal was applied with ease. Looks great!!!
Posted by Harald on 20th Jun 2017
Looks professional, easy application and affordable. Could not be happier!
Posted by Richard Aubin on 25th May 2017
Received the decal with a scratch in the middle . I was able to install it properly with decent result .
Not perfect but OK .
The font and everything is exactly as ordered .
Fast delivery even in Canada
Showing reviews 1-10 of 33 | Next