Ours are the highest quality waterslide decals printed in opaque and truly metallic inks on clear water slide material. The images above show our decals applied to wood and lacquered over - no visible edge, no cloudy backing!
They are compatible with most spray lacquers including acrylic and nitrocellulose. The layout and fonts are as shown in the image(s) above - you can choose the colours and the text that you would like. This design fits most standard size 6-in-line electric guitar headstocks.
To order please fill out the options above before clicking "Add to Basket".
The artwork image is labelled with the Part Numbers, i.e. Part 1, Part 2 etc:
- The SERIAL NUMBER text on the left of the design is fixed.
- Part 1 is the first 4 characters which are printed in a serif font. (maximum 4 characters)
- Part 2 is the serial number itself, printed in a sans-serif font. (maximum 9 characters)
- Part 3 is the "MADE IN..." text underneath (any text, doesn't have to be MADE IN..!) (maximum 15 characters)
Using the example pictured above you would choose and type the following options:
- Colour: A: Black
- Part 1: RF11
- Part 2: 012345
- Part 3: MADE IN U.K.
- Coating: No Coating
Please type all text in the case you want it printed, i.e. if you want it in upper case type it in upper case. We will print the words exactly as you type them.
Waterslide decals cannot be applied to oiled surfaces. Full application and finishing instructions are included with each order which we strongly advise you follow closely irrespective of previous decal experience.
Our high quality guitar headstock decals are printed on to fresh, exceptionally thin waterslip paper which gives an incredible finish but some people find more delicate that other waterslide decals they have used in the past. We include an off-cut of material for you to practice with before applying the actual decal so that you can get an idea of how the material behaves. Please note that as these are custom made-to-order items they are exempt from UK Distance Selling Regulations; these decals cannot be returned unless they are proven to be defective or if the design is not as requested. In this situation a replacement will be offered.
- Our decals are precision made restoration quality decals printed onto the finest quality fresh waterslide paper.
- We use completely opaque and permanent inks, including truly metallic gold and silver, so unlike decals printed on inkjet or laser printers the colour of our decals is not affected by the colour of the surface underneath - our decals can be used on ANY colour headstock.
- The paper is ultra thin (allowing for a superior edgeless finish - like the originals), the unprinted areas remain totally transparent, and it is compatible with all spray lacquer types including nitrocellulose.
- Like all waterslide decals ours can only be applied to sealed, non-porous, non-oily surfaces (for example lacquered wood).
- They are designed and produced by us in our studio, printed freshly to order.
- The coatings we use are a liquid form of the decal paper itself. One coat over the top sandwiches the ink. This helps prevent scratches and aids application.
These are CUSTOM decals. Text will be printed in the fonts shown. Your requested design should not contain any trademarks or copyrighted designs unless you are the rights owner or have their express consent to use such marks. By ordering you agree to these terms.
Basic Application Instructions
- Sand your lacquered headstock to 600 grit.
- Cut the decal to a 'smooth pebble' shape - a precise outline is unnecessary.
- Soak for a couple of seconds in water, then apply to headstock.
- Smooth out and dry with tissue paper, then leave overnight to fully adhere.
- Spray over with some clear lacquer.
- Polish the headstock for a professional finish. Our Complete Polishing Kit is ideal for this and contains everything you need for hand polishing lacquers to a high gloss.
Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar headstock decals. Decal supplied by www.CustomLuthierSupply.com 0:12 Unpacking 1:24 Trimming 2:16 Positioning 2:30 Applying 3:20 Smoothing
How To Apply W...Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar ...
Showing reviews 1-10 of 13 | Next
Great Products, Great Service!
Posted by Keith Gustafson on 17th Aug 2017
Decals, serial numbers, spray cans etc. I've ordered quite a few things now from R & F. The service is top notch, nothing is too much trouble, even for replacement or missing items. Clear ordering process, faithful reproductions for restoration projects and extremely well organised post and packing. Five star dealer - highly recommended.
At last custom numbers
Posted by tonym on 2nd Aug 2017
I did not know that these were available but I ordered a set recently for a project I'm making and these look really cool. The quality is always there and that's why I use this company.
Posted by Kim on 10th Apr 2017
The small fragment of the original serial left after repairs confirmed the accuracy of your fonts and inks. Very happy.
Posted by Adam on 28th Feb 2017
I bought a couple decals from this company, the serial number option being one of them. Great quality on the printing, leaves very little outline once placed on the guitar. Overall, very happy and will purchase again in the future.
"Buy cheap, buy twice" my mum always said....
Posted by Steve Currey on 6th Nov 2015
Having used Rothko & Frost decals in the past, I recently bought a cheaper one from an alternative supplier......NEVER AGAIN !!!!! The cheaper one wasn't opaque and used thicker material, which meant the edges wouldn't blend-in. Sorry R&F for buying elsewhere.....I'll promise to be a good boy in the future.
Great Looking Decal
Posted by Joe Hojnacki on 6th Oct 2015
The decal was exceptional - very professional, and well done. The turn around time is exceptional - one week from order to ship to USA. I am extremely pleased and will be ordering more. Highly recommended!
Posted by Unknown on 15th Jun 2015
Awesome quality thin paper easy to cover can recommend
Truly Custom Guitar with user specific serial number
Posted by Don on 25th Apr 2015
Excellent quality (little on the spendy side), but easy installation that results in a unique guitar. Nobody will mistake it for anything other than YOURS! And that's the point isn't it? Looks factory original until you read it and realize that (in my case at least) the serial number was never issued in the format I selected (son/nephews' birthdates). Well worth it for the ultimate final detail!
Posted by Carlos Rizzon on 5th Apr 2015
Nice job, well packed and very friendly service. We week be doing business again for sure, thanks.
Posted by David on 3rd Mar 2015
R&Fs usual good quality.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 13 | Next