Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 2 and get 20% off
- Buy 3 - 5 and get 35% off
- Buy 6 - 9 and get 50% off
- Buy 10 - 19 and get 60% off
- Buy 20 - 99 and get 65% off
- Buy 100 or above and get 70% off
- Opaque inks show up on all colour headstocks.
- Gold and silver are truly metallic.
- Ultra-thin decal material meams the edge quickly vanishes when lacquered over.
- Clear decal material means no cloudy backing.
- Compatible with most spray lacquers including nitrocellulose.
- Full application instructions included.
How To Order
To order, please use the form above to tell us what you'd like your decal to say, which font and what colour(s) you'd like it in. These decals are single line, so whatever you put in 4) Enter Your Custom Text will be printed on one line in your chosen font and colours.
- Decals can only be applied to smooth, non-porous, non-oily surfaces.
- A lacquered or painted guitar headstock is ideal.
- Use a spray-on lacquer to seal the decal in.
- Decals cannot be applied to oiled surfaces.
- Decals cannot be applied to waxed surfaces.
- Decals cannot be applied to bare wood.
The sizes given above are maximums. Each font varies in height, width and proportion. For your selected size we will make the logo as large as possible within the constraints of the width x height size selected.
To help you decide upon the appropriate size decal for your project download and print our handy size guide: Printable Size Guide.
Please ensure you have checked that the size selected will fit your available space before ordering. We will make the text fit within the selected size.
With every waterslide decal purchase we include a sheet of comprehensive waterslide decal application instructions that are also downloadable here.
These are CUSTOM decals. Text will be printed in the fonts shown. Your requested design should not contain any trademarks or copyrighted designs unless you are the rights owner or have their express consent to use such marks. By ordering you agree to these terms.
Basic Application Instructions
- Sand your lacquered headstock to 600 grit.
- Cut the decal to a 'smooth pebble' shape - a precise outline is unnecessary.
- Soak for a couple of seconds in water, then apply to headstock.
- Smooth out and dry with tissue paper, then leave overnight to fully adhere.
- Spray over with some clear lacquer.
- Polish the headstock for a professional finish. Our Complete Polishing Kit is ideal for this and contains everything you need for hand polishing lacquers to a high gloss.
Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar headstock decals. Decal supplied by www.CustomLuthierSupply.com 0:12 Unpacking 1:24 Trimming 2:16 Positioning 2:30 Applying 3:20 Smoothing
How To Apply W...Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar ...
Showing reviews 1-10 of 21 | Next
Posted by Rich Dodds on 24th May 2017
High Quality , fast delivery
Great decal will definitely use again
Posted by Chris Kernick on 17th May 2017
Brilliant service, excellent product. Have used these guys before and will continue to use them
Posted by Antonio Maña on 13th May 2017
These decals are amazingly precise and the gold color is perfect. One important aspect to highlight is how thin these are. I have bought decals from other providers and they are much thicker, which means the edge of the decal is visible even after several coats of finish. Not with the ones by Rothko & Frost. Only two thin layers of finish were enough to make the egdes of the decal become invisible.
Instructions were ESSENTIAL
Posted by Justin on 6th Mar 2017
I don't have any experience with other decal companies, so I don't have any frame of reference to draw from in terms of comparison with other decals. The written and picture instructions were FANTASTIC to have, and including the sample practice decal square was great. I am 100% certain I would have screwed this up without them.
Great product! Definitely will use again
Posted by Andrew on 6th Mar 2017
It's so thin. After coating, the edge wasn't noticeable anymore. It makes my guitar looks like professionally built. The package came with a practice decal. For a first-time user, it's very helpful to practice and be familiar working with a very thin decal.
On a separate note, I would love to have my artwork/logo customized also. However, the website only takes a PSD file. I wished, it would take other formats as well.
Posted by Cade on 19th Jan 2017
Well packaged item exactly as shown during website demonstrations. The decal itself looks amazing in quality - silver text black outline in Akhenaton. Thanks very much.
Is a product of very high quality
Posted by Mario on 24th Nov 2016
I always use the Rothko&Frost decals for all the repairs and restorations we do in our workshop. They are very thin, and absolutely translucent leaving the opportunity to cover them and protect them with very little lacquer.
Excellent quality decals
Posted by Gerry Tsuji on 23rd Nov 2016
These are excellent quality decals. Easy to apply, R and F even provide a test piece to practice with first. Five-stars.
Posted by Phil on 15th Nov 2016
I am absolutely satisfied with the product. Put it straight on Instagram once applied, and had lots and lots of friends very impressed indeed.
Just makes a guitar build look extra special. I quite unashamedly had my name made to put on, and it is extremely satisfying to see it on the headstock!
More to the point though, the instructions for application were VERY good and the fact they give you a tester piece to get the hang of them is an absolute saving grace. I'd used waterslide transfers in the past, but these are so much thinner (which helps with the overall finish) and after having a dabble with the sample cut off piece, I had confidence to do it properly first time.
I will be using these again for sure on my next project.... or three!
Top your guitar project off with the best!
Posted by a bloke from the USA on 24th Aug 2016
The water slide decals are excellent....great print quality, easy to apply, and look 'killer' on my finished guitar projects.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 21 | Next