Custom Waterslide Guitar Headstock Decal (70s Curve Style)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 2 and get 20% off
- Buy 3 - 5 and get 35% off
- Buy 6 - 9 and get 50% off
- Buy 10 - 19 and get 60% off
- Buy 20 - 99 and get 65% off
- Buy 100 or above and get 70% off
Ours are the highest quality waterslide decals printed in opaque and truly metallic inks on clear water slide material. The images above show our decals applied to wood and lacquered over - no visible edge, no cloudy backing!
They are compatible with most spray lacquers including acrylic and nitrocellulose. The layout and fonts are as shown in the image(s) above - you can choose the colours and the text that you would like. This design fits most large curved 6-in-line electric guitar headstocks.
To order please fill out the options above before clicking "Add to Basket".
The artwork image is labelled with the Part Numbers, i.e. Part 1, Part 2 etc. Generally speaking:
- Part 1 is the main, largest part of the logo which represents the 'manufacturer's name'. (maximum 9 letters)
- Part 2 is the 'model name' part of the design. (maximum 15 letters)
- Part 3 is the subtext underneath Parts 1 and 2.
- Part 4 is the small text which sit on the end of the headstock.
Using the example pictured above you would choose and type the following options:
- Colour: C: Black Fill + Gold Outline + Black Text
- Part 1: Rothko
- Part 2: FROST CUSTOM
- Part 3: WITH REAL OPAQUE METALLIC INKS
- Part 4: ORIGINAL Contour Body
- Coating: No Coating
Please type all text in the case you want it printed, i.e. if you want it in upper case type it in upper case. We will print the words exactly as you type them.
Waterslide decals cannot be applied to oiled surfaces. Full application and finishing instructions are included with each order which we strongly advise you follow closely irrespective of previous decal experience.
Our high quality guitar headstock decals are printed on to fresh, exceptionally thin waterslip paper which gives an incredible finish but some people find more delicate that other waterslide decals they have used in the past. We include an off-cut of material for you to practice with before applying the actual decal so that you can get an idea of how the material behaves. Please note that as these are custom made-to-order items they are exempt from UK Distance Selling Regulations; these decals cannot be returned unless they are proven to be defective or if the design is not as requested. In this situation a replacement will be offered.
- Our decals are precision made restoration quality decals printed onto the finest quality fresh waterslide paper.
- We use completely opaque and permanent inks, including truly metallic gold and silver, so unlike decals printed on inkjet or laser printers the colour of our decals is not affected by the colour of the surface underneath - our decals can be used on ANY colour headstock.
- The paper is ultra thin (allowing for a superior edgeless finish - like the originals), the unprinted areas remain totally transparent, and it is compatible with all spray lacquer types including nitrocellulose.
- Like all waterslide decals ours can only be applied to sealed, non-porous, non-oily surfaces (for example lacquered wood).
- They are designed and produced by us in our studio, printed freshly to order.
- The coatings we use are a liquid form of the decal paper itself. One coat over the top sandwiches the ink. This helps prevent scratches and aids application.
These are CUSTOM decals. Text will be printed in the fonts shown. Your requested design should not contain any trademarks or copyrighted designs unless you are the rights owner or have their express consent to use such marks. By ordering you agree to these terms.
Basic Application Instructions
- Sand your lacquered headstock to 600 grit.
- Cut the decal to a 'smooth pebble' shape - a precise outline is unnecessary.
- Soak for a couple of seconds in water, then apply to headstock.
- Smooth out and dry with tissue paper, then leave overnight to fully adhere.
- Spray over with some clear lacquer.
- Polish the headstock for a professional finish. Our Complete Polishing Kit is ideal for this and contains everything you need for hand polishing lacquers to a high gloss.
Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar headstock decals. Decal supplied by www.CustomLuthierSupply.com 0:12 Unpacking 1:24 Trimming 2:16 Positioning 2:30 Applying 3:20 Smoothing
How To Apply W...Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar ...
Showing reviews 1-10 of 18 | Next
Posted by Mauro on 19th Sep 2017
My first time,how can I explaine how much I'm satisfied and grateful for all: courtesy,product,service and easy use.You have one more friend and user by now,me.Thank you and all the best,Mauro Ciccozzi_Rome_It.
Posted by Christopher on 12th Sep 2017
I seriously could not be happier with how my decal turned out on my guitar. The instructional video to apply the decal was a huge help. -This was my first time applying one to a guitar headstock. All my friends and bandmates keep telling me how pro it looks. I'm so pleased.
Posted by Gary Massey on 10th May 2017
Looks as good or better than what was applied on my guitar originally.
So Easy I Can Make It Look Good!
Posted by MightyMike on 17th Apr 2017
The edge lines completely disappeared when I put the clear coat over it. I was a little nervous reading all of the reviews saying how fragile the decal was, but you can preposition it with ease til you get it in the right spot. No worries. It's the professional touch that i was looking for. Super-high quality product. 5 Stars, will buy from these guys again.
100% repro quality
Posted by firstname.lastname@example.org on 28th Feb 2017
I perchased this alongside a set of paints and clear coat to colour match my headstock of my fender mustang the first thing il say about the experience is that the sonic blue paint didn't match the squire mustang sonic blue at all, although I far prefer the rothkoandfrost sonic blue so am now re doing the whole guitar, secondly the decal, it was perfect! So easy to apply and looks absolutely amazing it's a huge shame I can't upload a photo but I can't reccomend this product more
Posted by Shermy on 16th Feb 2017
These decals are the bomb! Better than I expected!
Beautiful headstock decal!
Posted by Unknown on 15th Sep 2016
This is my first custom build on a guitar. Your headstock deacal is spot on and just makes the guitar look so unique and professional.
You guys are very good at what you do!
If there is another build in my future, you will be included!
Thank you so much!
Posted by Mike on 18th Jul 2016
I'm very pleased with these waterslide decals. the fonts/colors/spacing are all perfect. no complaints at all. even packaging/shipping is excellent and my decals arrived perfectly preserved. It's very very thin material so practice with the provided scrap first. this was my first time using waterslide decals so i did 4 practice runs (following the instructions exactly) with different shaped/sized pieces to get confident. After application and drying for a day i sprayed over it with clear nitro and it really looks great. After a few coats the decal completely disappeared (i have a stock am std strat where if you look carefully you can still see the edges of the decal..that isn't the case with these decals on my custom strat!) i recommend rothko&frost and will definitely be using them again for future projects!
Good but tricky to apply
Posted by Ed on 5th Jul 2016
The product itself is very very good but it is really thin so make sure you're totally ready to apply it and even then brace yourself for the worst. I messed the first one up and had to reorder, again, this was entirely my fault and nothing to do with the product but it is really delicate so bear that in mind when applying. I'd absolutely recommend the logo and have them on two builds and they look awesome, messing it up the first time was entirely my fault and not a reflection on the product. Both guitars I built definitely benefit from these logos
Posted by Jake on 27th Apr 2016
The price was good. The decal looks fantastic, totally professional, and the instructions were clear. Take their advice and try with the sample first. It really is very thin material. But it goes on great.
I'd love it if in the future they expand the color options so that you can have white text with any "Brand Text" (Line one) option.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 18 | Next