Custom Waterslide Guitar Headstock Decal (70s Straight Style)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 2 and get 20% off
- Buy 3 - 5 and get 35% off
- Buy 6 - 9 and get 50% off
- Buy 10 - 19 and get 60% off
- Buy 20 - 99 and get 65% off
- Buy 100 or above and get 70% off
Ours are the highest quality waterslide decals printed in opaque and truly metallic inks on clear water slide material. The images above show our decals applied to wood and lacquered over - no visible edge, no cloudy backing!
They are compatible with most spray lacquers including acrylic and nitrocellulose. The layout and fonts are as shown in the image(s) above - you can choose the colours and the text that you would like. This design fits most small size 6-in-line electric guitar headstocks.
To order please fill out the options above before clicking "Add to Basket".
The artwork image is labelled with the Part Numbers, i.e. Part 1, Part 2 etc. Generally speaking:
- Part 1 is the main, largest part of the logo which represents the 'manufacturer's name'. (maximum 9 letters)
- Part 2 is the 'model name' part of the design. (maximum 15 letters)
Using the example pictured above you would choose and type the following options:
- Colour: C: Black Fill + Gold Outline + Black Text
- Part 1: Rothko
- Part 2: AND FROST
- Coating: No Coating
Please type all text in the case you want it printed, i.e. if you want it in upper case type it in upper case. We will print the words exactly as you type them.
Waterslide decals cannot be applied to oiled surfaces. Full application and finishing instructions are included with each order which we strongly advise you follow closely irrespective of previous decal experience.
Please note: We print using ribbons and there is a visible line where the ribbons meet in some designs. On most decals this is not noticeable. The effect is more pronounced on larger blocks of metallic colour.
Our high quality guitar headstock decals are printed on to fresh, exceptionally thin waterslip paper which gives an incredible finish but some people find more delicate that other waterslide decals they have used in the past. We include an off-cut of material for you to practice with before applying the actual decal so that you can get an idea of how the material behaves. Please note that as these are custom made-to-order items they are exempt from UK Distance Selling Regulations; these decals cannot be returned unless they are proven to be defective or if the design is not as requested. In this situation a replacement will be offered.
- Our decals are precision made restoration quality decals printed onto the finest quality fresh waterslide paper.
- We use completely opaque and permanent inks, including truly metallic gold and silver, so unlike decals printed on inkjet or laser printers the colour of our decals is not affected by the colour of the surface underneath - our decals can be used on ANY colour headstock.
- The paper is ultra thin (allowing for a superior edgeless finish - like the originals), the unprinted areas remain totally transparent, and it is compatible with all spray lacquer types including nitrocellulose.
- Like all waterslide decals ours can only be applied to sealed, non-porous, non-oily surfaces (for example lacquered wood).
- They are designed and produced by us in our studio, printed freshly to order.
- The coatings we use are a liquid form of the decal paper itself. One coat over the top sandwiches the ink. This helps prevent scratches and aids application.
These are CUSTOM decals. Text will be printed in the fonts shown. Your requested design should not contain any trademarks or copyrighted designs unless you are the rights owner or have their express consent to use such marks. By ordering you agree to these terms.
Basic Application Instructions
- Sand your lacquered headstock to 600 grit.
- Cut the decal to a 'smooth pebble' shape - a precise outline is unnecessary.
- Soak for a couple of seconds in water, then apply to headstock.
- Smooth out and dry with tissue paper, then leave overnight to fully adhere.
- Spray over with some clear lacquer.
- Polish the headstock for a professional finish. Our Complete Polishing Kit is ideal for this and contains everything you need for hand polishing lacquers to a high gloss.
Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar headstock decals. Decal supplied by www.CustomLuthierSupply.com 0:12 Unpacking 1:24 Trimming 2:16 Positioning 2:30 Applying 3:20 Smoothing
How To Apply W...Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar ...
Posted by Adrian on 18th May 2016
Its wonderful to know that my friends from across the pond, understand what craftsmanship still means.....Perfect!!!!
Posted by Marcus on 26th Jul 2015
I cant beleive how great this looks on my headstock, its really spot on! Application was a breeze following the instructions, i am so pleased with my purchase, it looks very professional
Would definately recommend and will definately be using your services again for future projects!! Really A** work
Posted by Mike on 9th Jul 2015
Been using Rothko & Frost Decals for a while simply because they are the best quality Decals due to them being ultra thin & don't show edges when applied.
Great decals, perfect solution
Posted by Unknown on 3rd Apr 2015
For a custom label that looks a lot like a big name brand, Rothko and Frost really gets it done right. I liked the first one so much, I ordered two more. If you're building a kit and you need that extra touch of cool, this is it. The decals are beautiful but fragile so follow the directions carefully.
Posted by Unknown on 25th Jan 2015
Looks exactly as pictured, really good quality printing. Haven't applied it yet so cannot comment on ease of application, but the supplied guide to application is helpful.