Custom Waterslide Guitar Headstock Decal (Suitable for 3 a side guitar)
Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 2 and get 20% off
- Buy 3 - 5 and get 35% off
- Buy 6 - 9 and get 50% off
- Buy 10 - 19 and get 60% off
- Buy 20 - 99 and get 65% off
- Buy 100 or above and get 70% off
Ours are the highest quality waterslide decals printed in opaque and truly metallic inks on clear water slide material. The images above show our decals applied to wood and lacquered over - no visible edge, no cloudy backing!
They are compatible with most spray lacquers including acrylic and nitrocellulose. The layout and fonts are as shown in the image(s) above - you can choose the colours and the text that you would like. This design fits most large curved 3-a-side electric guitar headstocks.
To order please fill out the options above before clicking "Add to Basket".
Please type all text in the case you want it printed, i.e. if you want it in upper case type it in upper case. We will print the words exactly as you type them.
Waterslide decals cannot be applied to oiled surfaces. Full application and finishing instructions are included with each order which we strongly advise you follow closely irrespective of previous decal experience.
Our high quality guitar headstock decals are printed on to fresh, exceptionally thin waterslip paper which gives an incredible finish but some people find more delicate that other waterslide decals they have used in the past. We include an off-cut of material for you to practice with before applying the actual decal so that you can get an idea of how the material behaves. Please note that as these are custom made-to-order items they are exempt from UK Distance Selling Regulations; these decals cannot be returned unless they are proven to be defective or if the design is not as requested. In this situation a replacement will be offered.
- Our decals are precision made restoration quality decals printed onto the finest quality fresh waterslide paper.
- We use completely opaque and permanent inks, including truly metallic gold and silver, so unlike decals printed on inkjet or laser printers the colour of our decals is not affected by the colour of the surface underneath - our decals can be used on ANY colour headstock.
- The paper is ultra thin (allowing for a superior edgeless finish - like the originals), the unprinted areas remain totally transparent, and it is compatible with all spray lacquer types including nitrocellulose.
- Like all waterslide decals ours can only be applied to sealed, non-porous, non-oily surfaces (for example lacquered wood).
- They are designed and produced by us in our studio, printed freshly to order.
- The coatings we use are a liquid form of the decal paper itself. One coat over the top sandwiches the ink. This helps prevent scratches and aids application.
These are CUSTOM decals. Text will be printed in the fonts shown. Your requested design should not contain any trademarks or copyrighted designs unless you are the rights owner or have their express consent to use such marks. By ordering you agree to these terms.
Please note: We print using ribbons and there is a visible line where the ribbons meet in some designs. On most decals this is not noticeable. The effect is more pronounced on larger blocks of metallic colour.
Basic Application Instructions
- Sand your lacquered headstock to 600 grit.
- Cut the decal to a 'smooth pebble' shape - a precise outline is unnecessary.
- Soak for a couple of seconds in water, then apply to headstock.
- Smooth out and dry with tissue paper, then leave overnight to fully adhere.
- Spray over with some clear lacquer.
- Polish the headstock for a professional finish. Our Complete Polishing Kit is ideal for this and contains everything you need for hand polishing lacquers to a high gloss.
Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar headstock decals. Decal supplied by www.CustomLuthierSupply.com 0:12 Unpacking 1:24 Trimming 2:16 Positioning 2:30 Applying 3:20 Smoothing
How To Apply W...Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar ...
I'll only trust this company!
Posted by Adam on 28th Feb 2017
My headline says it all! I will only use this company from here on out for my headstock decals. Great quality all around, fast shipping and great customer service. Well done!