Below are the available bulk discount rates for each individual item when you purchase a certain amount
- Buy 2 - 5 and get 15% off
- Buy 6 - 10 and get 25% off
- Buy 11 - 25 and get 35% off
- Buy 26 - 50 and get 45% off
- Buy 51 - 100 and get 50% off
- Buy 101 or above and get 55% off
For ultra thin custom waterslide decals of your own artwork.
Please note the maximum printable area for this whole sheet is 20cm x 26.9cm - any artwork larger than this will be cut off. To order please follow the instructions in the PDF download, use the PSD template provided and upload it back to us containing your artwork before clicking Add To Basket.
Download our Ordering Guide here: How To Order Guide
Download our Artwork Template here: Artwork Template
Bulk Decal Discounts Are Available
- Buy 2 - 5 pages and get 15% off
- Buy 6 - 10 pages and get 25% off
- Buy 11 or more pages and get 35% off
All discounts are automatically applied once you Add To Basket.
Please note: We print using ribbons and there is a visible line where the ribbons meet in some designs. On most decals this is not noticeable. The effect is more pronounced on larger blocks of metallic colour.
What Makes Our Decals Special
- Our decals are precision made restoration quality decals printed on the finest quality fresh waterslide paper.
- We use completely opaque and permanent inks, including truly metallic gold and silver, so unlike decals printed on inkjet or laser printers the colour of our decals is not affected by the colour of the surface underneath - our decals can be used on ANY colour surface.
- The paper is ultra-thin allowing for a superior edgeless finish, the unprinted areas remain totally transparent, and it is compatible with all spray types including nitrocellulose.
- Like all waterslide decals ours can only be applied to sealed, non-porous, non-oily surfaces (for example, lacquered wood.)
- They are produced by us in our studio freshly to order well within one week.
Waterslide decals cannot be applied to oiled surfaces. Full application and finishing instructions are included with each order which we strongly advise you follow closely irrespective of previous decal experience. Waterslide decals can be applied to any smooth, non-porous, non-oily surface making them ideal for many applications including guitars, toys, models, candles, bikes, helmets and so much more.
These are CUSTOM waterslide decals. Text and images will be printed exactly as specified by you in the downloadable template. Your requested design should not contain any registered trademarks or copyrighted designs unless you are the rights owner or have their express consent to use such marks. By ordering you agree to these terms.
Basic Application Instructions
- Sand your lacquered headstock to 600 grit.
- Cut the decal to a 'smooth pebble' shape - a precise outline is unnecessary.
- Soak for a couple of seconds in water, then apply to headstock.
- Smooth out and dry with tissue paper, then leave overnight to fully adhere.
- Spray over with some clear lacquer.
- Polish the headstock for a professional finish. Our Complete Polishing Kit is ideal for this and contains everything you need for hand polishing lacquers to a high gloss.
Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar headstock decals. Decal supplied by www.CustomLuthierSupply.com 0:12 Unpacking 1:24 Trimming 2:16 Positioning 2:30 Applying 3:20 Smoothing
How To Apply W...Full video guide on how to apply our custom waterslide guitar ...
Branding Made Easy
Posted by Bob Hamm on 7th Nov 2017
Used these to retro brand so old stock, too few to have silkscreened cost-effectively.
These transfers work very well and look great. After clear coat or frosted glass coat (depending upon surface and required fininsh), almost impossible to tell from profesional silkscreening. 5 star. product
Posted by itay on 6th Sep 2017
great decal easy too use
this was pretty awesome
Posted by Greg Walker on 21st Apr 2017
we are probably using the decals for a less common application, which was to put a very small (>1/2" long) makers label on a home accessory that we'd designed. for the size, the text came out remarkably crisp on the sheet. very pleased.
Posted by Rob Ouwehand on 2nd Nov 2016
I did order some decals for my DaCapo custom instruments, the guitars and basses I build at www.rockwoodmusic.com and was very much surprised of the quality and received them in the Netherlands within 5 working days. Excellent.
More bang for your buck!
Posted by Filipe Marques on 6th May 2016
I learned about Rothko & Frost while watching a video on Youtube by Fletcher Guitars and loved the the look of the decals he used. I have been searching for a thin decal to use on the peg heads of my hand built guitars and I have to say, I'm incredibly pleased with the results! I was able to get 16 complete decals on a page for a great price. The provided templates are easy to use and didn't take very long to set up and order. I live in the U.S. and received my decals inside of 5 days and was also VERY happy with that. I am looking forward to being a long time customer of Rothko & Frost.
Custom headstock logo's
Posted by Mike Walsh on 12th Mar 2016
I have been making Zoot Basses for almost 30 years and have always used my normal long standing trade suppliers. However, my waterslide supplier has now retired. I did a Google search and found "Rothko & Frost" I ordered 2 x A4 sheets of waterslide transfers form them, made to my custom artwork. The transfers that arrived were the very best quality I have seen, so much so, I immediately ordered another 2 X A4 sheets. All I can say is, Rothko & Frost do excellent work, at very good prices and the service/delivery times were excellent as well. Order with confidence, you will not be dissapointed. Regards. Mike from Zoot bass & Purple-chili
Fast & smoove ~
Posted by filthypit ~ a place, not physical attribute on 31st Jan 2016
Easy enough to upload my hi-res camera ready art file ~ Received the custom waterslides quickly (east coast USA) ~ Very delicate, as described but worked perfectly; laid out nice and smooth - stayed opaque. Held up fine under nitro-lacquer as well. Completely satisfied w/ the professional results. I'm very fussy & VERY happy with their work. Definitely recommended.
filth ~ pisces
Electravox Guitar Lab
Superb quality print
Posted by Unknown on 23rd Feb 2015
These are superb quality decals. Fine print definition is superb. Once applied the look is professional and attractive. But results will depend on the quality of the artwork that you supply! Good artwork = great results. And, unless you're a pro, make sure you practice the application process... it's fiddly! Delivered very quickly too!!
What a great surprise!
Posted by Grahame Myers, Myers Custom guitars on 18th Nov 2014
After having a problem with my order ( completly my fault ), which was resolved on the phone very quickly from the nice people in customer service, I recieved my order today. I'm knocked out with how good they are: Very sharp contours and THIN, the thinnest decals I've ever used. I'm very pleased, and will certainly be using this service again. 5 stars from me!